Dear RC33 members.
This is a call for nominations for the RC33 Vice President for the ISA World Congress. According to the RC33 Statutes (Article 6) the Vice President for the ISA World Congress is an RC33 board member who is (together with the President) responsible for preparing a scientific programme for the RC33 at the World Congress of Sociology.
The next ISA World Congress, the XVIII ISA World Congress of Sociology, will take place in Yokohama, Japan on July 13-19, 2014. See congress website for more. The call for RC33 session proposals has already been circulated among the RC33 through the BMS-RC33 mailing list and published on the RC33 website. At this point we are looking for candidates for the Vice President for the ISA World Congress. The candidate should be:
- a regular member of ISA and RC33 in good standing (membership paid and valid at least until the end of 2014),
- willing to coordinate and prepare the scientific programme for this congress, in cooperation with the RC33 president,
- commit to participate and represent RC33 at the congress in Yokohama.
All regular members in good standing are invited to submit nominations (self-nominations are also welcome) for the RC33 Vice President for the ISA World Congress. Nominations should be sent to email@example.com (Katja Lozar Manfreda, RC33 president) by February 21, 2013. The procedure will continue as follows (see Article 7 of the RC33 Statutes):
After February 21, 2013, the President will ask the nominated persons to
- (i) accept the nomination,
- (ii) remain a regular member in good standing at least for the 2013 and 2014,
- (iii) accept the respective position on the RC33 Board in case they are elected.
The nominated persons shall then return the nomination form together with a brief curriculum vitae to the President within four weeks. The President will then report on confirmed nominations (including the candidates’ curriculum vitae) and electronic voting will be organized.
Katja Lozar Manfreda
Katja Lozar Manfreda,
Phd Assistant professor
University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Social Sciences
Kardeljeva pl. 5, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Tel: +386 1 5805 313