The Call for Papers of RC33 – Research Committee on Logic and Methodology – is Open!
In July 2020 the Fourth ISA Forum of Sociology will take place in Porto Alegre, Brazil. Sociologists from all over the world will be discussing Challenges of the 21st Century: Democracy, Environment, Inequalities, Intersectionality.
RC33 will host 11 sessions (including 3 joint sessions with other RCs) covering a broad range of methodological topics:
- Comparability of Sample Aggregates in Cross-National Surveys Cultural Response Styles
- Decolonizing Social Science Methodology – Overcoming Positivism and Constructivism (joint session with RC56 – Historical Sociology)
- Digital Methods
- Discourse Analysis, Historical Analysis and Biographical Research: Multi-Method Approaches in Interpretive Empirical Research (joint session with RC38 – Biography and Society)
- Flexible Data Collection Methods for Hard to Examine Populations
- Process-Oriented Micro-Macro-Analysis: Mixing Methods in Longitudinal Analysis and Historical Sociology
- Spatial Analysis
- Spatiality as Path to Social and Methodological Critique
- Uses of Paradigms in Mixed Methods Inquiry
- Women’s Careers and the Process of Civilization (joint session with RC20 – Comparative Sociology, RC32 – Women, Gender and Society, and RC56 – Historical Sociology)
The call for papers is open until September 30th, 2019. You are invited to submit a proposal for a presentation! Further details and a submission form can be found on the conference homepage: https://www.isa-sociology.org/en/conferences/forum/porto-alegre-2020. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org.
I’m looking forward to receiving your submission and seeing you in Brazil!
University of Salzburg
Program Coordinator sdloc