RC33 membership fees and finances 2019-2020
Vice president for Finances, Wander van der Vaart
Since May 2020 RC33 distinguishes three categories of membership that – similar to ISA – follow the A/B/C categories of countries ranked according to the Gross National Income of the economy (see www.worldbank.org or the list on the ISA website):
- Cat A: €60,- regular and €30,- student. Both including two BMS issues.
- Cat B: €25,- regular and €12,50,- student. Both without BMS.
- Cat C: €8,- regular and €4,- student. Both without BMS.
The membership fees are valid for 4 calendar years and apply to RC33-only memberships. See for more information the website: www.rc33.org.
One may also become a member of RC33 in combination with an ISA-membership, in that case rates apply as presented at the ISA-website: www.isa-sociology.org
The table below presents a short overview of the RC33 finance in 2019-2020, the first two years of this RC board term.
Particulars for this period mainly relate to ISA payments and the website maintenance:
- With regard to ISA we received in 2019 their payment of the RC33 membership fees for ISA-RC33 members as paid in the period 2015-2018. ISA disburses those membership fees per board term, meaning that RC33 receives a large amount once in four year. Also in 2019 we received the second term of the ISA grant for realized RC33 activities in 2015-2018, like conferences and journal issues. In 2020 we received similarly the first installment of the new ISA activity grant for 2019-2022.
- On the debet side there were in 2020, next to regular website maintenance, some additional costs for further integrating our new membership payment system in the website.
| Website design
|2020||€ 1.155||€ 134||€ 98||€ 219||€ 1.607|
|2019||€ 1.882||€ 152||€ 91||€ 78||€ 2.203|
|Credit||RC33 member fees|| ISA member fees
| ISA grant
|2020||€ 614||€ 560||€ 1.174|
|2019||€ 212||€ 5.206||€ 490||€ 5.908|
In total the current RC33-account amounts €8.645. Given that the long-term average of our yearly cost is about €2.500, there’s a reserve of about €6.000.